*Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer at the Dr. Peter Centre. Due to COVID-19, all volunteer opportunities at the Dr. Peter Centre are currently on hold. We will not be accepting applications at this time.*
Volunteers work in many areas of the Centre to add to the quality and delivery of our programs and services. They are also wonderful ambassadors in the community, helping to generate awareness of our goals, services and needs.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- are at least 19 years old with previous volunteer experience
- are able to make a minimum six-month commitment to the volunteer program
- are committed to the Mission and Values of the Dr. Peter Centre
- are willing to provide a police record check; and
- have skills, strengths and experience to carry out their volunteer assignments.
Day Health Program
The Dr. Peter Centre Day Health Program operates 7 days a week 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
The program offers a variety of interesting and challenging volunteer opportunities.
- You enjoy spending time with people and providing companionship to the participants who come to the Day Health Program.
- You encourage our participants to eat by providing friendly and personal service. You also help serve breakfast or lunch or our participants.
- You are certified in one of these complementary therapies: reiki, acupuncture, shiatsu, reflexology, tai chi, yoga, hairdressing, etc. and want to share your skills with our participants and residents.
Pet Visit Volunteer
- You share your love of animals by bringing in your pet each week to the Centre to visit residents and Day Program participants. Your pet must be trained and registered with B.C. Pets and Friends or St. John Ambulance Dog Therapy Program.
General Residence Volunteers
The Dr. Peter Centre Residence has flexible volunteer shifts 7 days a week from 9 am to 8 pm. The shifts vary in length from 2 to 3 hours.
Volunteers engage in social interaction with our residents through conversation, playing games, reading, going for walks, helping with annual celebrations and/or assisting with computer skills.
The Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation hosts fun and engaging events throughout the year. Volunteer shifts vary in length and are generally around 8 hours.
Volunteers support our staff at fundraising events throughout the year in the capacity of host, back of house, service, and general logistical support.
Looking for more information?
Contact our Director of Human Resources at email@example.com or 604-608-1874 ext 2224.
Individuals interested in volunteering at the Centre must complete our volunteer application (below) and provide two (2) references.