The Dr. Peter AIDS Foundation will make a global contribution to changing the world of HIV care.
To provide Comfort Care for people living with HIV.
- COMPASSION - We respect the dignity of every person.
- COURAGE - We demonstrate commitment to and passion for social purpose.
- INCLUSION - We maintain a culture that honours diversity.
- INNOVATION - We approach emerging challenges with dynamic, inspired responses.
Vision for the Future
Highly active anti-retroviral therapy (HAART) treatment extends lives. It also helps prevent HIV transmission. Reducing the number of new infections saves lives and saves health care dollars.
Everyone infected with HIV deserves access to HAART. That’s where we come in. The Dr. Peter Centre assists individuals to manage medication and the side effects, enabling us to play an important role in both treatment and prevention.
We are ready to:
- expand our mission in response to the need for increased capacity and the complexity of HIV care
- provide more care to more people at the Dr. Peter Centre
- build more Dr. Peter Centres in more communities so people with HIV will have the specialized health care they need – closest to where they live
- share our innovative model with more provincial, national and international health care providers to help them develop their skills and capacity to provide the same care
- bring about larger change in HIV care in communities throughout Canada and around the world.